Eating well for the pleasure of balance
Terry likes fine red meat, good wine and conversation with friends: “I don’t think that eating should be a pharmaceutical prescription. Eating well is not restricting or starving yourself in the name of health. For me, eating well, being healthy, it’s above all a question of balance and shared pleasure.”
Friends, children and organizations
For Terry, the essential ingredients of a balanced life are friends and the smiles of children helped by the Pomerantz Foundation and the organizations it supports such as Sun Youth, the West Island Women’s Centre, the Starlight Children’s Foundation or the Center for Child Development and Mental Health of the Jewish General Hospital. “It’s thanks to those with whom I’m sharing the challenges of helping the most disadvantaged to pull through that I’m happy. And a good meal is part of what I like to share with them.”
Terry’s Top 5 favourite restaurants
- La Queue de cheval. Famous for its extraordinary grilled meats, among those some beef cuts that are absolutely outstanding, such as the Porterhouse Alberta Prime Steak, aged for 35 to 40 days, and the Japanese Wagyu Miyazaki Sirloin.
- In the heart of the West Island, the La Verità restaurant proposes fine Italian cuisine in a warm atmosphere. On the menu, you will discover a great variety of pasta, risottos, poultry, fish and red meats like the pan seared elk medallion with a veal stock and Jack Daniel’s whisky sauce.
- La Villa Massimo in La Prairie owns an exceptional wine cellar which features no less than 20,000 bottles! With its old Italian castle charm, la Villa Massimo is one of these magical places that breathes joie-de-vivre thanks to the divine dishes of chef Gabriele Ottoni.
- At the Jatoba restaurant in Phillips Square, chef Olivier Vigneault proposes refined Japanese cuisine such as Tonkatsu, a pork fillet in a panko crust with red cabbage julienne in a wasabi dressing, and Matcha Soba, a grilled chicken thigh with marinated carrots, sweet peas and sautéed zucchinis in a sunomono sauce.
- The 40 Westt Steakhouse & Bar, close to the Trudeau Airport. On the menu, beef and fresh fish, delicious martinis and jazz performances.
When Terry wants to please his family, it’s in one of these restaurants that you are likely to find him in their company.